Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thoughts on motherhood

I am a young mom and to be honest, I didn't expect to be put in motherhood situation this early. I have to give up lawschool and weekly nighouts for diapers and baby bottles. Nevertheless, it's all worth it :)

I remember that day when my baby girl was given to me after almost 24 hours in labor. That joy when I held her and saw her for the first time after 9 months inside my tummy. All that back pain, weight gain, massage-less, no chips and soda diet, difficulty breathing turned sleepless nights are forgotten. I didn't cry, unlike what most moms would say, but I was so happy and no words can express how I feel when I first saw her.

But being a mom is not all bed of roses, at least in my point of view. It starts from the day one finds out about the pregnancy and it never ends! Being a mom is about keeping yourself healthy and happy from pregnancy onwards because your baby needs you and is depending on you. Its not just about preparing milk or food but also providing and giving the best to your little ones and being there in their every milestone. But most importantly, it's about SACRIFICE. From waking up in the middle of the night to tend to the baby's needs despite lack of sleep to taking care of them when they're sick to giving up personal wants or needs for the baby's sake, that's what motherhood is all about. It is putting your baby's interest first above everything else. My mom used to say that being a mom is difficult since you have to give up something for yourself. I agree. I already gave up something for my little girl. Though this "something" is really important to me, I know that it will never  be at par with the time I spent and will be spending with my child. I know that in every step of her development, no matter how little it may be, I am there to witness it and I'm happy I have the luxury to see it. And those moments can never be replaced :)

So cheers to all the moms out there for all the sacrifices and hardwork to give their child/ren everything they deserve! Be proud! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment